Senior Programme Manager / Specialist, Nature
With mounting evidence of nature’s decline and the crucial role of natural ecosystems in sustaining business operations and livelihoods, institutional investors are recognizing a critical and urgent need to understand and address the nature-related risks and dependencies of the companies they own among all industries and sectors. Equally, investors focused on managing climate risk have recognised the critical role of natural sinks and are looking to accelerate the deployment of credible offsets markets.
IIGCC is establishing a new workstream to support investors to understand risks related to nature and coordinate engagement with companies and policymakers to advance the mitigation of nature loss and accelerate progress on deployment of natural sinks. There is also an opportunity to build on existing work related to adaptation and resilience. The successful candidate will work across all our Programmes to consider the best ways in which IIGCC should support its members on nature and biodiversity issues and how best to collaborate with external stakeholders.
ResponsibilitiesThis role will initially focus on:
- Research – Identify and deliver research projects to advance investor understanding of nature related risk and disclosure.
- Collaborative initiatives – Coordinate IIGCC’s involvement in global initiatives to tackle nature related risk and biodiversity loss.
- Company Engagement – Support investors to effectively engage on nature related risk and disclosure by forming a working group, establishing guidance for engagement and systems to monitor progress
- Policy Engagement – Work closely with IIGCC’s policy team to identify key policy priorities and support engagement with policymakers
- Reporting – Monitor and report on the outputs and impact of IIGCC’s nature related work to its members and funders
- Communication and collaboration – Liaise with the communications team around collating content for communications outputs. Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives as required.
Skills and CapabilitiesEssential
- Relevant degree or post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge and experience in biodiversity / natural capital
- Understanding of the nature-related policy landscape at the global and European level
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- Experience of synthesising complex information, research, policies, and translating into impactful advice and communications
- Experience of influencing key internal and external stakeholders and changing opinion
- A motivated and proactive self-starter, and confident team player comfortable working in a fast growing organisation in a start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in fluent English
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of investor stewardship approaches
- Experience working with the institutional investor landscape.
- Other European languages a plus
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Senior Programme Manager / Specialist, Nature job spec can be found here.