Senior Programme Manager – Private Equity
We are looking for a motivated team player to take forward key areas of work within Paris Aligned Investment Initiative (PAII) and support development and implementation of the Net Zero Investment Framework (NZIF). You will be a leading voice in the industry to mobilise private equity investors to set net zero targets and implement strategies to achieve net zero emissions through engagement with their portfolio companies. Reporting to the Investor Practices Investment Specialist but working closely with the Investor Practices and Corporate Programme teams, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating our workstreams on aligning private equity investing to net zero. You will have regular contact with investors and corporates, as well as with our wider stakeholders including policymakers and civil society.
- Manage PAII workstream on private equity to support investors to assess alignment of assets and manage portfolios to align to achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
- Undertake relevant research and analysis relating to the workstream topics in order to develop guidance, case studies and activities to support members to develop and implement the Net Zero Investment Framework.
- Develop and implement a programme of engagement with relevant stakeholders in the private equity ecosystem to encourage adoption of the recommendations of the Net Zero Investment Framework components on private equity.
- Work closely with investors to understand how they are implementing net zero strategies and key barriers and challenges in order to identify priority areas for further work to support robust implementation in these sectors.
- Develop additional tools and guidance in collaboration with members to support implementation of the Framework.
- Engage with a range of third-party organisations to develop partnerships and take forward collaborative work to develop methodologies, approaches, and improve data availability, and drive the agenda for achieving net zero in private equity
- Monitoring and reporting on the outputs and impact of IIGCC’s work to funders
- Liaise with the communications team as a key point of contact around collating content for communications outputs.
- Manage third party consultants to undertake relevant research and analysis where this is not being carried out by IIGCC.
- Coordinate IIGCC working groups and webinar logistics, agendas and write-ups working with other IIGCC investor practices programme staff.
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives as required.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience in private equity as an asset class in a financial, corporate or consultancy context
- Experience of working on issues relating to climate change and ESG in an investment context
- Familiarity with technical issues including scenario analysis, assessing climate risk and impact, emissions accounting, and ESG data collection and analysis is an advantage.
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- Experience of effectively leading workstreams or projects
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tool including Word and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English language; other European languages an advantage but not essential
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Senior Programme Manager – Private Equity job spec can be found here.