Senior Programme Manager, Climate Initiatives
We are looking for an organised and motivated leader to be IIGCC’s representative in a number of external partnerships and initiatives, which support investors to develop and implement net zero and climate resilience investment strategies. The role is central to IIGCC’s ability to continue to shape the climate agenda within the finance industry.
Reporting to the Investor Practices Programme Director and working very closely with the rest of the team given the cross-cutting nature of this role, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating interaction with key external stakeholders and investors.
- Lead and coordinate IIGCC’s involvement with initiatives such as the Net Zero Asset Managers, Paris Aligned Asset Owners, the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero and the Investor Agenda.
- Chair and delegate involvement in external working groups related to these and other initiatives.
- Work with the Programme Director and CEO in engaging with partner networks on steering committees, investor advisory committees and other technical working groups that advance investor climate action.
- Work with colleagues in strategy implementation and climate frameworks to ensure IIGCC is best supporting investors in meeting their climate commitments.
- Work with IIGCC’s policy team and corporate engagement teams to facilitate alignment between investors’ expectations of investee companies, asks of policymakers and regulators and investors’ own portfolio alignment goals.
- Monitor and report on the outputs and impact of IIGCC’s work to funders.
- Liaise with the communications team as a key point of contact around collating content for communications outputs and media engagement in relation to the various initiatives.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience of working on issues relating to climate change, investment and ESG ideally with investors or in a public/ private/ third sector context
- Proven success in multi-stakeholder engagement with senior and C-suite counterparties with the ability to drive strategic results
- Proven project management, coordination and organisational skills, with evidence of effectively leading projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting to large groups online and in-person
- Professional communication skills, including interpersonal and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Enthusiastic and positive approach, and ability to develop positive relationships with investors and colleagues
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Fluency in English language; other European languages an advantage but not essential
- Experience of line management is an advantage
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Senior Programme Manager, Climate Initiatives job spec can be found here.