Programme Manager, Climate Engagement
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Programme Manager to help coordinate investors to engage with companies on net zero alignment. This role will place a motivated individual at the heart of investor action on climate change. The role will involve working closely with investors to design and deliver their engagement strategy as well as the conducting of research to support it. The role with have a particular focus on banks with the opportunity to work on a range of other market leading initiatives including Climate Action 100+, the largest ever investor engagement initiative.
While this role is initially offered on a fixed term basis for 12 months, we hope that the contract can be extended.
- Support with the global roll out and overall project management of a major new banking sector initiative, which will include coordination with external data partners and partner organisations on the development of a framework for aligning the banking sector with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Support with the organisation, tracking and management of investor engagements, including working closely with investors that are designated as leads for these workstreams.
- Support with the coordination of other workstreams and working groups where needed, such as Climate Action 100+ and IIGCC’s Paris Aligned Accounting initiative.
- Maintenance of working group documents including minutes and engagement tracking documents, and well as identifying and collating information on climate related actions and best practices from our members
- Work with IIGCC communications team and external partners to develop materials to promote the activities of the Corporate programme (e.g. for update emails, newsletters and IIGCC’s website)
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives as required
Skills and CapabilitiesEssential
- Understanding of climate change and its implications for the financial sector
- Understanding of corporate climate disclosure practices (e.g. TCFD, SBTi, CDP)
- Ability to pick up complex topics quickly and distil and summarise such issues effectively
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- Strong project management skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Microsoft office
- Fluency in English language
- Work experience in a sustainability or investment related role
- Other European languages an advantage
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Programme Manager, Climate Engagement job spec can be found here.