Policy Programme Director
We are looking for a motivated and experienced public policy professional to lead the Policy
Programme, including co-chairing the Policy Working Group of The Investor Agenda. Reporting to
the CEO and working closely with the Investor Practices and Corporate Programme Directors, you
will be responsible for leading the growing policy team and developing and managing a programme
of work across both the real economy and sustainable finance agendas to support investors in their
outreach to policymakers at the global, EU and national levels, helping to shape the policy and
regulatory environment to support companies and investors in achieving net zero. You will have
regular contact with investors as well as with our wider partner organisations and stakeholders
including policymakers, civil society and businesses.
- Develop the strategy and programme of work for the Policy Programme to deliver the objective of enabling investors to positively influence policymaking in relation to climate change, sustainable finance and net zero, ensuring a strong investor voice to accelerate momentum and urge high climate ambition at the global, EU and national levels.
- Co-chair the Policy Working Group of The Investor Agenda, leading the work of the annual Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis and joint policy campaigns. around key processes and milestones including the G7, G20, UNGA and COP.
- Provide strategic oversight and direction of IIGCC’s policy development and engagement workstreams, ensuring the prioritisation of most relevant issues and incorporating the full breadth of IIGCC’s activities into policy positions and messaging for maximum impact.
- Develop workstreams, activities and campaigns to build investor knowledge and expertise on key policy issues and advocacy, supporting their direct formal and informal engagement with policymakers and the policymaking process in order to ensure the investor voice is well communicated and understood.
- Work closely with investors to understand their key policy priorities, how policy impacts on their decision-making, and to effectively balance their views when representing positions externally.
- Develop funding proposals and undertake monitoring and reporting on the outputs and impact of IIGCC’s work to funders.
- Work with the communications team to ensure the Policy Programme, its initiatives and outputs are effectively communicated to external audiences and to IIGCC’s membership.
- Represent IIGCC at a range of events and meetings.
- Support IIGCC’s CEO and Board in their discussions and decision-making, including in relation to the future evolution of the Policy Programme and its team; deputising for the CEO when needed at external events and meetings.
- Manage and develop the Policy team, providing strategic direction, coaching and support to the team, developing capability and knowledge within the team, and undertaking recruitment, performance review and appraisal processes.
Skills and Capabilities
- Significant experience of working on public policy relating to climate change and sustainable finance.
- Track record of leading programmes and managing a team. Experience of developing or growing a programme and team over time is an advantage.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with policy decision-making processes at the UK, EU and global level (including G7, G20, and UNFCCC).
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills, with proven ability to deliver outcomes across complex multi-workstream programmes.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal and in writing.
- Ability to lead effectively, building consensus and fostering effective collaborative working arrangements across different organisations and teams on a range of workstreams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English language; other European languages an advantage.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Policy Programme Director job spec can be found here.