IIGCC are looking for a Membership Manager who will have a unique opportunity to build and execute a membership development and engagement strategy across continental Europe that delivers sustained membership growth, strong retention, and enduring relationships with investors and which improves IIGCC’s membership offering. A key part of the role will be to understand and raise awareness of IIGCC and its workstreams and initiatives across Europe, with the support of the CEO or Programme Directors where appropriate. By first exploring and analysing the potential for membership growth, and then proactively driving and delivering membership expansion, the Membership Manager will establish strong relationships with investors. An effective candidate will also assist with developing, enhancing, and communicating IIGCC’s value proposition to members.
- Analyse current membership and understand the membership potential – Map and segment the institutional investor space across Europe by region, type, size and other relevant measures. – Identify gaps in the membership and build a target list of key organisations. – Understand organisations’ structure and subsidiaries to develop a clear and simple set of eligibility criteria for members. – Work with the communications team to raise awareness of IIGCC’s work and core messages in European countries where we have few or no members currently.
- Deliver membership growth – Proactively seek opportunities to recruit and retain members, promoting IIGCC through engagement with key organisations, industry partners and stakeholders to achieve the annual growth target. – Utilise staff and board members’ networks to build relationships and raise awareness of IIGCC’s mission and activities. – Provide comprehensive information and guidance to prospective members via email, telephone, in person meetings and social media platforms. – Lead recruitment meetings with prospective members, drafting in the programme teams where necessary. – Track opportunities and build a plan for progressing each opportunity to deliver growth and provide regular reports for inclusion in the board papers.
- Enhance member satisfaction – Develop strong relationships with IIGCC’s programme and communications teams to keep abreast of recent developments and ensure members are aware of all that IIGCC has to offer. – Follow up with recent members to check expectations are being met and explore opportunities for engagement/involvement. – Identify members with low engagement levels and investigate any perceived gaps in our offering. – Represent IIGCC at relevant events to help raise the organisation’s profile and help showcase recent initiatives, guides or workstreams. – Identify where specific events or meetings on the Continent will enhance member satisfaction and work with the team to deliver these.
- Aid overall team effectiveness – Work with the wider team to integrate the organisation’s new CRM system, building data which is useful and provides relevant data to analyse trends and identify gaps as well as ensuring best practice, GDPR compliant contact management and lead tracking, and financial tracking. – Contribute to webinar and event organisation, identify relevant guests from target organisations and tracking member registration and attendance as a measure of participation and engagement. – Contribute to team meetings, for example with respect to investor member recruitment and coverage.
Skills and CapabilitiesEssential
- Successful track record of business development or relationship management, preferably within the financial sector or other service-based industries such as management consulting.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; an empathetic listener and a confident speaker with excellent persuasion and influencing skills.
- Comfortable building relationships with people at all levels of seniority (up to C-suite).
- Professional, personable, and customer focused.
- Highly effective organisational skills and a strong work ethic, with the ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload.
- Highly analytical with the ability to develop pipelines through strategic and targeted planning.
- At least one other European language in addition to English (especially French, Dutch, German or a Scandinavian language)
- Experience with database/Customer Relationship Management systems, Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Willingness to travel regularly within Europe (when this is possible again)
- Additional European languages
- Experience in or a passion for climate change, ESG or sustainability.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Membership Manager job spec can be found here.