Investment Specialist/Senior Specialist
We are looking for a self-motivated climate professional with strong experience working in the field of climate and decarbonisation and/or experience in investment management to help ensure the successful development and application of the Net Zero & Climate Resilience Investment Frameworks, and support implementation of the various alliances our members commit to.
Reporting to IIGCC’s Investor Practices Programme Director, and working closely with IIGCC’s CEO and wider team, you will lead on key aspects of development of the Net Zero Investment Framework (NZIF), Climate Resilience Investment Framework (CRIF) and other thought leadership research and development on emerging thematics, providing deep investment expertise to support development of these, addressing technical issues to advance guidance on specific topics relevant to implementation. Depending on experience and expertise the responsibilities may be tailored to complement the existing team’s skill set.
IIGCC is a small but rapidly growing organisation – you’ll be working with passionate, personable and like-minded colleagues, each of whom is a leader in their areas. This role offers opportunities to gain exposure to other areas of IIGCC’s work, allowing for scope to develop a wider knowledge base on IIGCC’s key areas of focus, including corporate engagement and policy advocacy.
- Net Zero methodologies and approaches – Manage the work and collaboration among IIGCC members, to develop and update methodologies and approaches for measuring alignment of portfolios and investment in climate solutions,
- Stakeholder engagement – develop and manage relationships with partner organisations, third party data and methodology providers and funders to disseminate, consult on, and build buy-in to the Net Zero & Climate Resilient Investment Frameworks.
- Research and Analysis – Undertake or manage pieces of research that are relevant to supporting development of the Net Zero Investment Framework.
- Investor Strategies & Tools – Support investors in developing and implementing best practice approaches to implement net zero commitments including in governance, strategic asset allocation, target setting, portfolio construction, and policy advocacy.
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives and programmes as required.
Skills and Capabilities
- Significant experience working on climate change within an investment related role and engaging within the investment industry at a senior level
- Significant experience in EITHER climate scenarios and carbon accounting applied in an investment context OR in investment management in one or more asset classes (corporate fixed income and/or alternatives preferred)
- Demonstrable experience in constructing funding proposals and/or project workplans
- Understanding of carbon footprinting climate, sustainability reporting systems in the financial context and integrating climate objectives in the investment process
- Excellent writing and report writing skills including demonstrable experience editing and coordinating public reports, capacity building content and communication materials
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills, with proven ability to prioritise your own and your team’s tasks
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Microsoft office
- Fluency in English language (other European languages an advantage but not essential)
There will be a requirement to undertake some international travel and evening calls.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Investment Specialist/Senior Specialist job spec can be found here.