Head of Engagement Initiatives
As investors look to deliver portfolio alignment the role of engagement initiatives like Climate Action 100+ and investor stewardship more widely has never been more prominent. In this newly created role you will take a lead coordinating IIGCC’s corporate engagement activities to support investors to fulfil their portfolio objectives. Working with IIGCC’s CEO and Corporate Programme Director, you will play a leading role coordinating the world’s largest climate engagement initiative, Climate Action 100+, which ensures global coordination of investor engagement on the most significant GHG emitters. This will involve overseeing delivery of IIGCC led engagements in Europe as well as working with our global partner networks to set the agenda of the initiative and ensure delivery of global strategic projects, from benchmarking to global engagement strategy. You will help shape the development and implementation of pioneering new collaborative engagement initiatives on key sectors like banks to help investors secure adequate net zero transition planning from companies. This will involve the development of tools and approaches to drive impactful collaborative engagement as well as day to day management of engagements.
- Work as part of the central team coordinating Climate Action 100+ globally by contributing to a range of the initiative’s strategic projects and working groups.
- Oversee implementation of IIGCC supported CA100+ engagements in Europe
- Support thematic and sector initiative leads within IIGCC to develop and implement engagement projects from sectors like banking to topics like accounting.
- Identify and help develop new initiatives and projects to accelerate the transition to net zero
- Help support investors with setting their engagement objectives and strategies
- Develop and manage systems to track engagement progress
- Oversee annual progress reporting
- Coordinate engagement activities with our global peer investor networks such as CDP, Ceres, PRI, IGCC and AIGCC
Skills and Capabilities
- Ambition to innovate and develop market leading approaches to stewardship
- Strong understanding and experience of undertaking engagement with companies
- Strong understanding of to track and report on engagement progress
- The ability to work independently to develop a workplan and effectively deliver
- Proven experience as a leader with team management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Head of Engagement Initiatives job spec can be found here.