Fundraising and Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced and creative fundraising professional, who will play a key role in enabling IIGCC to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
Traditionally funded by membership fees, IIGCC’s funding model has changed in recent years with rapid growth in foundation funding - grants from philanthropic foundations now deliver around half of IIGCC’s income and include six and seven figure, multi-year grants.
Working with the existing Development Manager, the Fundraising & Development Manager will help build IIGCC’s growth by driving forward fundraising with trusts and foundations, strategically building relationships and proactively seeking to maximise opportunities. By developing an in-depth knowledge of IIGCC’s work, and with an ability to articulate nuanced strategies and the high impact of our activities, you will research and cultivate an expanding portfolio of existing relationships and promising prospects to ensure continued philanthropic support.
The role of development and fundraising at IIGCC is essential to evolving our organisation in a period of rapid growth. The successful candidate will be driven, determined, focused on finding solutions and highly effective at building lasting, influential, and mutually beneficial partnerships. You will have excellent analytical, persuasive writing and project management skills and will be a collaborative team player capable of managing challenging and competing deadlines.
- Research and develop opportunities for current areas of work as well as potential funders for IIGCC’s new nature portfolio.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities, liaise with new and existing funders and work to secure income with a focus on funders with potential to give £200,000+ grants.
- Build strong and trusted external working relationships with donors, their staff, and networks to directly influence their decisions and implement strategies to maximise opportunities and income.
- Develop an excellent knowledge of IIGCC’s work, and, in conjunction with colleagues, present this information coherently and skilfully to funders both orally and in writing.
- Write high quality funding proposals and tailored presentations and coordinate internal teams to gain their input and develop work plans.
- Track donor deliverables and KPIs and liaise internally to prepare, write and/or collate accurate funder reports to agreed deadlines.
- Build excellent internal relationships to engage staff at all levels in supporting donor stewardship to manage prospective and existing donors effectively.
- Represent IIGCC on the fundraising working groups (FWGs) of various initiatives.
- Track, manage and meet donor deadlines, ensuring compliance with funder requirements.
Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrable experience with trusts/foundations.
- Proven track record of relationship building and producing compelling and successful grant proposals to secure six- figure grants.
- Proactive and tenacious, with the energy and passion to engage people, negotiate, and persuade.
- Confidence in working with senior stakeholders internally and externally, using tact and diplomacy.
- Comfortable working in a fast growing organisation in a start-up environment.
- Adept at engaging and inspiring donors, understanding diverse donor motivations, and skilled at delivering bespoke relationships to meet these aims.
- Demonstrable skill in adapting complex, and sometimes technical, written and verbal communications for a philanthropy audience.
- Organised and methodical approach to planning and delivering against a varied workload, to strict deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently, manage competing priorities under own initiative and take responsibility for building and managing a pipeline of donor income streams.
- Experience with major donors, corporate partnerships and/or institutional funders.
- Knowledge of the institutional investor landscape.
- Knowledge and passion for climate change related issues.
- Experience with making grant proposals to secure seven- figure grants.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Fundraising and Development Manager job spec can be found here.