Corporate Senior Programme Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated climate professional to help coordinate IIGCC’s involvement in the Climate Action 100+ initiative and specifically oversee the initiative’s Global Sector Strategies research programme.
At the global level – working with our partner networks – you will help manage a work programme of strategic projects ranging with a particular focus on leading the Global Sector Strategies research programme. You will be involved in shaping the strategy of the initiative for the next decade and contribute to the development of tools like the initiative’s Net Zero Company Benchmark.
At the Europe level, you will help coordinate shareholder engagement to secure net zero transition plans from companies across key sectors. This will involve working closely with investors, the rest of the IIGCC corporate team and also the other IIGCC programmes on policy and investor practices.
- International collaboration – Support IIGCC’s CEO and Programme Director with collaboration and coordination with the four other Climate Action 100+ partner networks in the global management of Climate Action 100+ and its Global Sector Strategies research programme.
- Sector Research and Analysis – Support investors in defining and identifying the pathways for different sectors to achieve net zero emissions. Lead the development of sector level research and analysis to support investor understanding of the technical and technological barriers and opportunities to the energy transition in different sectors.
- Engagement coordination – Support investor signatories to Climate Action 100+ with the company engagements they are carrying out by organising working group meetings and providing supporting analysis. Keep track on the progress of all engagements. Update investors on the different activities across the initiative.
- Webinars and workshops – Coordinate IIGCC working groups and webinar logistics, agendas and write-ups working with other IIGCC corporate programme staff.
- Communications – Work with IIGCC communications team to develop communications materials to promote the activities of the corporate programme and Climate Action 100+, and support uptake of the outputs of the programme.
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives and programmes as required.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience working on climate change within an investment, consulting, corporate or government related role
- Understanding of sectoral decarbonisation and climate scenarios
- Strong understanding of carbon footprinting, corporate climate target setting (such as Science Based Targets) and climate reporting systems (such as CDP or TCFD)
- Excellent writing and report writing skills including demonstrable experience editing and coordinating public reports
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible, and disciplined with an enthusiastic and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Microsoft office
- Fluency in English language
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Corporate Senior Programme Manager job spec can be found here.