Corporate Programme Senior Manager / Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated, analytical and well organised Senior Programme Manager / Manager to support with developing and leading key workstreams to promote effective investor engagement with companies within our Corporate Programme. You will be responsible for leading one or more workstreams, collaborating with IIGCC members and other stakeholders, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
A key aspect of this role is collaboration with partner networks across the world, with whom IIGCC works on major investor initiatives, such as Climate Action 100+ and initiatives for Nature and banking. This requires relationship building across geographies to drive shared global priorities.
At the European level, you will help coordinate shareholder engagement to secure net zero transition plans from companies across a range of sectors. You will be sector lead for at least one major carbon emitting sector. This will involve working closely with investors, the rest of the IIGCC corporate team and also the other IIGCC programmes on policy and investor practices.
While this role is initially offered on a fixed term basis for 18 months, we hope that the contract can be extended.
- Assist with the overall project management and research needs of the Corporate Programme in order to support investor engagement with companies on climate change
- Lead programme management of key workstreams of the IIGCC Corporate Programme
- Collaborate with partner networks across the world on joint initiatives, such as Climate Action 100+ and Nature Action 100
- Coordination of investor engagement with companies across a range of sectors in Europe
- Analysis of company transition plans to support investor engagement
- Tracking and reporting on engagement progress
Skills and CapabilitiesEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in corporate climate reporting (e.g. TCFD, SBTi)
- Experience of working on issues relating to climate change and/or investment
- Understanding of different approaches to investor stewardship
- The ability to work independently to develop a workplan and deliver effectively
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management capabilities
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft office programmes including excel, power point and Adobe PDF
- Exceptional project management, coordination and organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting to large groups online and in-person
- Work experience in a sustainability or investment related role
- Other European languages an advantage
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Corporate Programme Senior Manager / Manager job spec can be found here.