We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to support IIGCC’s core communications activities. The role would suit an aspiring communications professional with relevant communications experience within the investment management industry, either in house or with an agency, who’s keen to further their skills in this area and has a real passion for addressing climate change.
Working closely with the Head of Media Relations and Director of Communications, this role will focus on supporting IIGCC’s media relations, social media, branding and events activities across its main programmes and collaborative initiatives with network partners.
You will be joining a team of experienced communications professionals and working alongside established experts in the corporate engagement, investor practices and policy advocacy space with the potential to contribute to driving real progress towards a net zero and resilient future.
ResponsibilitiesSupport core media relations and social media activities:
- Draft press releases and media commentary for review by the Head of Media Relations
- Suggest and execute proactive tactical media opportunities
- Track and analyse IIGCC’s media coverage, reporting against KPIs
- Intelligence gathering (via social and traditional media) of relevant industry developments
- Support ongoing development of social media content calendar
- Work with the Director of Communications, Head of Media Relations and relevant partner working groups to execute upon the communications strategy for the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative, the Paris Aligned Investment Initiative and the Investor Agenda
- Track inbound requests and coordinate responses
- Support with sourcing and proactively seeking appropriate and relevant opportunities
- Manage speaker briefing process to ensure IIGCC speakers are prepared and have key information ahead of events
- Coordinate the creation of branded publications and materials
- Manage design process with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements and deadlines are met
Skills and CapabilitiesEssential:
- Communications/PR background with experience of at least one of the following areas: climate change, ESG, sustainability or investment
- Exceptional prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
- An excellent writer with close attention to detail
- A motivated and proactive self-starter, and confident team player
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written); other languages a plus
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of IIGCC
- Experience working with investors
- Climate related campaigns experience
- Digital communications experience
- Issues management experience
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Communications Officer job spec can be found here.