Climate Analyst, Corporate Programme Officer
We are looking for a self-motivated and well organised Climate Analyst (Programme Officer) to support our Corporate programme. The post holder will support investors participating in engagement with European companies and financial organisations. This role will place a motivated individual at the heart of investor action on climate change. The Programme Officer’s role will be to support with the coordination of IIGCC’s various engagement initiatives, by assisting with overall project management and research as well as helping to track engagement progress and support investors with delivery of engagement strategies such as statements made at annual general meetings.
While this role is initially offered on a fixed term basis for 12 months, we hope that the contract can be extended.
- Assist Senior Corporate Programme Managers with the coordination of a number of the different climate engagement projects, including through working closely with investors that are designated as leads for these climate engagement projects.
- Undertake research and analysis to support collaborative investor engagement with companies and financial organizations (such as ClimateAction 100+).
- Maintain working group documents including minutes and engagement tracking documents, as well as identifying and collating information on climate related actions and best practices from our members.
- Work with IIGCC communications team and external partners to develop materials to promote the activities of the Corporate Programme (e.g. for update emails, newsletters and IIGCC’s website).
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives as required.
Skills and Capabilities
- Proven interest in climate change and/or sustainability issues
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- Ability to pick up complex topics and synthesize written and numeric data quickly and accurately
- Strong written communication skills with experience in drafting business correspondence, briefs, reports, and other materials
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Microsoft office
- Fluency in English language
- Understanding of climate change and its implications for the financial sector
- Work experience in a sustainability or investment related role
- Proficiency with Excel and ability to interrogate datasets to produce meaningful output
- Other European languages an advantage
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com
Full Climate Analyst, Corporate Programme Officer job spec can be found here.