Senior Policy Programme Manager
We are looking for a motivated team player to support our public policy work, working across both sustainable finance and the real economy. Reporting to the Programme Director and working closely with the rest of the team, you will be responsible for leading policy development and engagement support across a number of our global, EU and national workstreams, as well as taking a key role in the programme’s governance, strategy and future evolution. You will have regular contact with investors as well as with our wider stakeholders including policymakers, civil society and businesses.
- Global policy - Supporting the development and delivery of IIGCC’s COP27 strategy, including coordination across the team and IIGCC membership, engaging with the COP27 Presidency and input to the UNFCCC’s broader stakeholder engagement processes. - Supporting IIGCC in its role as co-chair of the Investor Agenda Policy Working Group, and facilitator of The Investor Agenda’s Europe Country Project Group
- EU and national policy - Coordinating with IIGCC colleagues and investor members to oversee the preparation of policy position papers and providing member updates on priority policy issues, including: ▪ Sectoral policies including emissions trading, energy, transport, and buildings ▪ Sustainable COVID-19 economic recovery ▪ Sustainable finance policy, including taxonomy and disclosure - Leading policy engagement activity with EU institutions and member state governments, incorporating IIGCC members where appropriate, including: ▪ Setting up and taking part in face-to-face meetings- or briefings ▪ Drafting correspondence and consultation responses ▪ Applying to Commission expert groups ▪ Organising and/or fielding speakers for relevant events ▪ Working with IIGCC comms colleagues on supportive media outreach - Monitoring EU policy horizons for relevant developments, working closely with our Brussels-based public affairs agency - Leading the development of policy position papers and policy engagement activities with national governments, including the UK
- Coordination and support across the IIGCC team - Working closely with the staff of all three IIGCC programmes to ensure a joined-up and coherent approach to sustainable finance and real economy policy development and advocacy - Providing updates, steers and support to the IIGCC CEO and Board as required, with the oversight of the Policy Programme Director - Deputising for the Policy Programme Director on calls and in meetings with stakeholders - Supporting the development of funding proposals and outreach to potential members
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience of working within a public policy role, ideally focused on climate change and/or sustainable finance issues.
- Good knowledge of policymaking processes, ideally at UNFCCC, EU and national levels
- Familiarity with disseminating regulatory information, developing organisational policy positions and providing advice on emerging UK/EU policy desirable
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills, with experience of effectively leading workstreams
- Personable with excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Skilled at working under pressure with proven ability to prioritise
- Demonstrable experience in working both collaboratively and independently to formulate insights and produce credible, clear and compelling recommendations
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Fluent in routine IT tools including Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English language; other European languages an advantage but not essential
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Senior Policy Programme Manager job spec can be found here.