Investor practices programme
Enhancing the quality of net zero benchmarks
How can index providers better align benchmarks with net zero? More than 30 investors share their findings in our latest report, which assesses the net zero offerings of eight leading index providers together with the impact of EU regulation. The result is five key principles to consider.
- Prioritise real world emissions reductions.
- Ensure transparency of benchmark rules and their consequences.
- Incorporate a sectoral and regional based approach.
- Prioritise publicly available data and integrate alternative alignment metrics.
- Facilitate engagement to improve issuer behaviour.
Download below to learn more about the growth of net zero benchmarks, the impact of regulation, and the five principles that we believe could help to improve net zero benchmark alignment with the Paris Agreement.
Climate Action 100+ flagged resolution: TotalEnergies SE: AGM – 26 May 2023
Climate Action 100+ flagged resolution: Shell plc: AGM – 23 May 2023
Climate Action 100+ flagged resolution: Equinor ASA: AGM – 10 May 2023