The FT Energy Transitions Strategies Summit
Tuesday June 30
Now in its fourth year running, the FT Energy Transition Strategies Summit continues to focus on the complexities of the energy transition. The Summit, taking place on 30th June 2020, will explore the fundamental changes now required to the energy system, transport, industry, the economy and society, and the risks and opportunities ahead.
Topics to be addressed at the Summit will include:
- Faster, Deeper: What should be the policy priorities for net zero?
- Industrial policy or markets? Transition perspectives – Mapping a sustainable pathway to net zero
- The Big FT debate: Is there a role for gas in a net zero economy?
- Hydrogen – fourth time lucky?
- Mapping the energy transition in Asia – Implications for global energy markets
- Offshore wind: Energy gamechanger?
- New energy markets: unlocking the value of carbon
- What’s next for energy storage?
- Decarbonising transport – the next stage
Stephanie Pfeifer, CEO, IIGCC will be speaking at the event.
Other speakers include: Mark Carney, Prime Minister’s Finance Adviser for COP 26 and UN Special Envoy on Climate Action and Finance; Dev Sanyal, Chief Executive, Alternative Energy and Executive Vice President, Regions, BP; Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, Executive Vice-President, Renewables and CEO North America, ENGIE.
Please see the full event website here.