Real Estate Roundtable – Advancing best practice for measuring and managing whole life carbon emissions (part 2)
Wednesday October 5, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
As part of IIGCC’s work to support the transition to net zero buildings, IIGCC is hosting a series of roundtables to showcase key developments for decarbonising real estate.
The second in our series of roundtables focusing on embodied carbon, will build on the previous session to build on consensus around emerging approaches for taking a whole life cycle approach to measuring and managing carbon in buildings and materials, and how investors can incorporate these in target setting, reporting process and management actions, including retrofit.
At the roundtable, we will hear from experts on the latest approaches and reflections on progressing the measurement of embodied carbon and alignment with net zero goals, alongside the investor perspective on assessing and managing whole life carbon in their portfolio. There will be a panel discussion, moderated by Peter Sweatman of Climate Strategy & Partners, focusing on key actions investors can take to drive reduction in emissions, measuring and managing whole life carbon in their portfolios and how industry can work together to advance net zero buildings.
Please register for the roundtable here
Agenda: Advancing best practice for measuring and managing whole life carbon emissions (part 2)
- Introduction – Aleksandra Njagulj, DWS and IIGCC Real Estate Working Group Co-Chair (5 mins)
- Building System Carbon Framework– Luca de Giovanetti, World Business Council on Sustainable Development (10 mins)
- Net Zero Carbon Roadmap – Adam Smith, Building Better Partnership (10 mins)
- Assessing and managing whole life carbon, an investor perspective – Shuen Chan, LGIM (10 mins)
- Update on GRESB 2023 Real Estate Standard – Erik Landry, GRESB (5 mins)
- Panel discussion – moderated by Peter Sweatman, Climate Strategy & Partners (45 mins)
- Aleksandra Njagulj, DWS
- Luca de Giovanetti, World Business Council on Sustainable Development
- Adam Smith, Building Better Partnership
- Shuen Chen, LGIM
- Xavier Le Den, Ramboll
- More TBC
- Concluding remarks (5 mins)