Climate change is an issue the investment sector cannot afford to ignore.
The necessary global response to climate change is redefining the traditional roles and responsibilities of financial actors. The investment process is being reshaped, new policy and regulatory frameworks put in place, and concepts of stewardship and governance transformed. Climate-related risks and opportunities hold direct relevance for all financial institutions.
IIGCC membership enables organisations to ensure:
- They are part of the solution to climate change;
- Able to demonstrate their leadership on the issue;
- And stay ahead of the curve on what it means them.
This includes being better placed to safeguard and enhance the long-term value of investments through participation in our work.
Working in close collaboration with our members, we help champion and shape the public policies, develop the investment practices and support the corporate action required to address the long-term financial risks associated with climate change. In so doing, we help unlock direct benefit for investors and society more broadly in supporting the necessary transition to a sustainable, low carbon economy.
If you are interested in IIGCC’s work and how to become a member, please get in touch to arrange a call with our CEO or Project Director, or see below for more on the benefits of membership.
Benefits of membership
Joining IIGCC offers a range of benefits for member organisations. Through enhanced effectiveness:
- Understanding and insight across the issues that count for members.
- Pioneering best practice through member led collaboration with experts. We develop and help members apply leading-edge best practice approaches to climate change and its impact on the investor agenda.
- Collaboration in a community of leading senior finance professionals and executives. We are truly member-led, with membership providing opportunity to work, engage with and learn from peers and other organisations across the sector.
- Competitive advantage in safeguarding and enhancing long-term investment value, through a deeper investor understanding of climate risk and opportunities to ensure they are addressed in investment and stewardship practices.
Through sector leadership:
- A global voice, being included in the collective influence of IIGCC membership and part of an organisation that is the investor voice on climate change. We develop and advance sector positions on key issues for the investment community.
- A global network, with IIGCC at the heart of key global investor initiatives on climate change. This includes Climate Action 100+ and the Investor Agenda. We also work closely with similar investor networks across the globe through the Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change.
- Reputational benefit in demonstrating a commitment to responsible investment and fiduciary duty through participation in the IIGCC. Members also benefit from opportunities to raise the profile of their organisation and their professionals.
- Corporate leadership by contributing to change across the wider financial community in addressing climate change, creating a sustainable financial system and building a low carbon economy.
IIGCC Investor Membership is open to asset owners and asset managers, subject to approval by IIGCC's board.Download Application Form
IIGCC Associate Membership is open to financial service providers, such as investment consultancies, investment banks, law firms and rating agencies, subject to approval by IIGCC's board.Download Application Form
Church Investor Group membership (CIG membership)
IIGCC Church Investor Group Joint Membership is open to all church investors who participate in the Church Investors Group (CIG) with assets of less than £500 million and subject to approval by IIGCC's board.