Thursday, 19th April 2018 15:52 - Friday, 4th May 2018 17:00 London
NOW RECRUITING: Programme Director
The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) is a forum for collaboration on climate change for European investors. There are currently over 150 members, including some of the largest pension funds and asset managers in a total of 9 European countries, representing around €21 trillion in assets under management. IIGCC brings investors together to use their significant collective influence with policymakers, investors and companies to encourage policies and practices which accelerate the shift to a low carbon economy.
Scope of Work:
This position is to support IIGCC’s membership and programmes with a particular focus on supporting investors in integrating climate related issues into their investment practices and reporting on these.
The successful candidate will manage the Investor Practices Programme which is one of IIGCC’s four formal programmes. It currently covers three areas:
- Supporting trustees, portfolio managers and clients in integrating climate change-related issues into investment practices and decision-making across asset classes;
- Providing guidance and peer-to-peer learning opportunities to investors on the strategies, tools & metrics to use when integrating climate change into investment practices (with the focus in year one on scenario analysis and investment in green assets); and
- Encouraging and supporting improved disclosure on climate-related issues by investors.
The Programme Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing strategy for the Programme agreed with the Chair, leads and CEO. You will deliver an effective programme that provides practical support and guidance to members in all these areas. This will be done through e.g. organising informative workshops or webinars to gather investor insights, provide overviews of the latest methodologies and tools or through the development of guidance documents or other materials on the integration of climate change into investment practices and reporting.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the Directors of IIGCC’s other programmes to ensure that they complement and support each other. In particular, there will be synergies with the Corporate Programme which provides a platform for investors to engage collaboratively with companies on their climate risk management and reporting and the Policy Programme to consider how the policy environment could better support improved corporate disclosure and investor practices.
The Project Director will also develop materials for internal communications and to report to external funders on the programme.
The Programme Director may also be asked to support the Chief Executive in her role.
- Work experience in the finance sector/consultancy desirable; at a minimum strong familiarity with the finance sector and investment practices
- Strong understanding of climate change and investment
- Excellent project management, time management and communication skills and ability to write well.
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to develop relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Works collaboratively with partners, consultants and external groups
- Fluency in all routine IT tools including Excel, Powerpoint.
- Fluency in English essential and a second European language is desirable
- Some travel will be necessary
For more information or to apply, please contact Olivia Anderson: email@example.com or +44 (0)207 400 5586