Wednesday, 25th July 2018 16:17 - Sunday, 12th August 2018 13:03 London
NOW RECRUITING: CA100 Programme Manager
Title: CA100+ Programme Manager
Reports to: IIGCC Project Director
Place of work: London
Time: 5 Days/week – full time; 18 months initially
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Application: CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject line: CA100+ Programme Manager
The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) is a forum for collaboration on climate change for European investors. There are currently over 155 members, including some of the largest pension funds and asset managers in a total of 10 European countries, representing around €21 trillion in assets under management. IIGCC brings investors together to support a prosperous low carbon future through mobilizing capital for the low carbon transition by working with business, policymakers and fellow investors.
IIGCC is one of five organisations that supports the Climate Action 100+, a five-year initiative led by investors to engage with the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters to improve governance on climate change, curb emissions and strengthen climate-related financial disclosures. To date, 279 investors with nearly USD $30 trillion in assets under management have signed on to the initiative.
IIGCC is coordinating investor engagement with Climate Action 100+ focus list companies in Europe.
Scope of Work:
IIGCC is looking to appoint a Programme Manager to support investors participating in engagement with European companies through Climate Action 100+. This role will place a motivated individual at the heart of investor action on climate change. The Programme Manager’s role will be to assist with the coordination of IIGCC’s Climate Action 100+ working group by helping to track engagement progress, develop new research and guidance to inform engagement work and support investors with delivery of some engagement strategies such as statements made at annual general meetings.
The Programme Manager will support investor engagement with companies in a range of sectors including oil and gas, utilities, mining and transportation. The Programme Manager will also contribute to the development of materials for internal communications and to report to external funders on the programme.
The Programme Manager will work closely with IIGCC’s Corporate Programme Chair, the CEO and IIGCC’s Corporate Programme Director.
- Organisation and scheduling of Working Group meetings between investors
- Maintenance of Working Group documents including minutes and engagement tracking documents
- Preparing communications content on the activities of the Climate Action 100+ (e.g. for update emails, newsletters and IIGCC’s website)
- Liaising with investors on the progress of the initiative and different engagements
- Collaborating with IIGCC’s global partners to support global implementation of the Climate Action 100+
- Work experience in a sustainability related role with a consultancy, corporate or investment organisation
- Excellent project management, time management and communication skills and ability to write well
- Strong understanding of climate change and how companies can manage GHG emissions
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to develop relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners, consultants and external groups
- Fluency in all routine IT tools including Excel, Powerpoint
- Fluency in English essential and a second European language is desirable
- Some travel may be necessary
The Climate Action 100+ is a five year initiative supported by grant funding provided by foundations. While this role is initially offered on a fixed term basis for 18 months, we hope that the contract can be extended.
For more information or to apply, please email Charlotte Jones: email@example.com or +44 (0)207 520 9305.
Please note that we will only respond to those candidates who are selected for interview.