Tuesday, 14th March 2017 14:00 - 17:00 GMT, WHEB Asset Management, 99 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3XD
Green Investment Strategies workshop
Investors are increasingly considering investment strategies that provide exposure to, and support, the transition to a low carbon economy. Some asset owners have already begun implementing such green investment strategies. Examples include setting ‘green or low carbon’ investment targets, allocations to green bond funds and direct or indirect investments in low carbon infrastructure.
The purpose of the proposed workshop is to share experiences in how to overcome the barriers to developing and implementing green investment strategies. The workshop is intended for the membership of the IIGCC and particularly asset owners and will be focused on four issues:
- - Defining green investment and developing measurement methodologies;
- - Incorporating green investments into strategic asset allocation;
- - Developing green/low carbon investment targets;
- - Providing transparent and meaningful reporting on performance.
To gain a variety of views on how these barriers have and can be tackled, the workshop will be broken into two parts:
- Asset Owner Panel – a group of asset owners that have made progress in the development of green investment strategies will share their views on how the identified barriers can be overcome.
- Consultant Panel – the panel will be asked to consider whether they should play a proactive role in encouraging clients to allocate to low carbon investments, and where they are engaged by a client to develop a green allocation, how should they go about it?
To gain an understanding of how asset owners have tackled these issues to date, IIGCC will issue a survey to its members on their current and anticipated approach to green investment. The findings of this survey will be presented ahead of the panel discussions.
Confirmed speakers include: Russell Picot (Chair, HSBC Bank Pension Trust), Maurice Versaevel (Investment Strategies, PGGM), Mitesh Sheth (CEO, Reddington), Tim Currell (Investment Partner, Aon Hewitt). Other speakers TBC.
For memebrs only. Please RSVP to Marina Pauliukova