We’re looking for a Programme Director to lead our Policy Programme.
Overview of the role:
- Reports to: IIGCC Chief Executive
- Place of work: Central London (some travel to be expected)
- Time: 5 days/week – full time contract
- Length: 2 year contract initially; open to secondments
- Starting date: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Scope of the role:
IIGCC is recruiting a Programme Director for our Policy programme. This is a unique opportunity to work on climate change policy with a specific focus on delivering an IIGCC strategy to support COP26 in November 2020.
This is initially a 2-year position (to potentially be extended depending on funding) to support IIGCC’s membership and programmes with a particular focus on supporting investors in identifying priority policy issues at the EU and global levels (and occasionally at national level), building consensus to develop agreed positions, and undertaking engagement with policymakers to ensure that the investor perspective is effectively communicated and understood.
A core focus of the role over the first year will be the coordination and delivery of an IIGCC strategy to support COP26 in Glasgow in November 2020. This will include:
- Coordinating across IIGCC and with our external partner organisations to ensure as effective an investor offer to COP26 as possible
- Working across our programmes and with wider external stakeholders to ensure that major deliverables are timed appropriately and showcased to national governments, the UNFCCC and the UK-Italian COP presidency at key milestones
- Working collaboratively with our global partners via The Investor Agenda (a global collaborative platform founded by seven investor networks) to develop and deliver the next iteration of the Global Investor Statement to Governments on Climate Change.
- Leading on IIGCC’s overall programme including events, speaking engagements, media activity, bilateral and other meetings, and wider collaborations.
The successful candidate will also represent IIGCC within several working groups of The Investor Agenda, including The Investor Agenda’s Policy Working Group.
The Programme Director will also support the Chief Executive, will have responsibility for the line management of the Policy and Communications Manager.
If this sounds like your perfect next career move, then please read the full job description which provides the full details of the role.
- Significant experience of working within a public policy role at a senior level, ideally focused on climate change, sustainability and/or finance issues.
- Experience of leading workstreams and strategies towards successful outcomes, ideally working with virtual or disparate teams.
- Excellent project management, time management and communication skills and ability to write well.
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners, consultants and external groups.
- Fluency in all routine IT tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Fluency in English essential and a second European language is desirable.
- Some travel will be necessary
- Competitive salaries
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
Application process and deadline:
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please e-mail Rachel Ward, Head of Policy, with any questions you may have regarding the role.